Forums

Welcome to our Drumworkout.com Community Forums. This is the place to connect with other Drumworkout.com users to discuss all things drums and your experience with the site. It is also the best place to seek advice and assistance from Drumworkout.com Staff including Bill.

Please note: the views expressed by other users in these forums do not necessarily reflect the views of either Drumworkout.com, our staff or Bill Bachman. Although we will do our best to moderate these forums and keep them fun and friendly, we cannot guarantee the quality or appropriateness of material. Anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated and may lead to the cancellation the offender's Drumworkout.com Account. Please our Forum Rules for more information. 

These forums are still in a BETA Testing Phase - we cannot guarantee that it will be perfect/bug free, but we'll do our best!. Please report any bugs or feedback in out BETA Testing Thread.

Stick rotating during fast singles

Posted · Add Comment

Home Forums Ask Bill Stick rotating during fast singles

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Bill Bachman Bill Bachman 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    0 pts

Is it normal for a drumstick to rotate when you’re playing “fast? I’ve been trying to work up to a 300bpm single stroke roll and I’ve been drudging through trying to play faster than 230bpm and I’ve noticed that the Vic Firth graphic rotates as I’m playing with my fingers. The stick goes up and down, no slicing etc. but they’ll occasionally flip right out of my hands. Is this normal or should is it a practice more kind of deal?

• #3176 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Bill Bachman
    Bill Bachman
    3 pts

I don’t think it’s a problem unless it’s a problem. If you’re dropping sticks then it’s a problem. I’d just check that you’re “housing” the stick up from such that there are no escape routes as it pivots under your thumb in American or French grip. Are you talking 16ths at 230 & up? That’s reefed!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.