Forums

Welcome to our Drumworkout.com Community Forums. This is the place to connect with other Drumworkout.com users to discuss all things drums and your experience with the site. It is also the best place to seek advice and assistance from Drumworkout.com Staff including Bill.

Please note: the views expressed by other users in these forums do not necessarily reflect the views of either Drumworkout.com, our staff or Bill Bachman. Although we will do our best to moderate these forums and keep them fun and friendly, we cannot guarantee the quality or appropriateness of material. Anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated and may lead to the cancellation the offender's Drumworkout.com Account. Please our Forum Rules for more information. 

These forums are still in a BETA Testing Phase - we cannot guarantee that it will be perfect/bug free, but we'll do our best!. Please report any bugs or feedback in out BETA Testing Thread.

Forum BETA Testing Feedback

Posted · Add Comment

Home Forums Lesson/Feature Requests + Technical Support Forum BETA Testing Feedback

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 2 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Campbell Phillips
    Campbell Phillips
    Keymaster
    2 pts

Firstly, thanks to those of you who have taken the time to get involved in and use the forums over the past little while. We hope they are already proving useful and valuable and, most importantly, hope they continue to grow and develop into a truly wonderful companion resource for Drumworkout.com

We would love to hear any thoughts or feedback you may have about the Forums in this thread so that we can make them as good as possible for all users of Drumworkout.com.

Any feedback is welcome, whether it be technical, feature related, content related etc.

I will be actively monitoring this thread and deploying fixes/updates where appropriate and adding new feature request to my ever growing list of jobs!  😆

Cheers,

Cam

Campbell Phillips

Drumworkout.com Support/Lead Developer - Drummer/Percussionist - Teacher - Cat Lover

www.campbellphillips.com.au

• #2355 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Matteo
    Matteo
    Participant
    0 pts

Hi Phillips,

it’s good to see how the website is growing with new stuff. I’ll check all the new features and I’ll give you my feedback. Personally I would love to have like a personal schedule to record the exercise and the progress I make. So far I’m using an excel file that I could share with you if needed. It’s a simple tool but it’s extremely helpful to check if you’re getting better.

keep in touch!

Matteo

Matteo

• #2358 Score: 0
    Campbell Phillips
    Keymaster
    2 pts

Hi Phillips, it’s good to see how the website is growing with new stuff. I’ll check all the new features and I’ll give you my feedback. Personally I would love to have like a personal schedule to record the exercise and the progress I make. So far I’m using an excel file that I could share with you if needed. It’s a simple tool but it’s extremely helpful to check if you’re getting better. keep in touch! Matteo

Hi Matteo,

Sounds like a cool idea. Please email it to me if you don’t mind and I’ll add it to the list of things to look at :)

Cheers,

Cam

Campbell Phillips

Drumworkout.com Support/Lead Developer - Drummer/Percussionist - Teacher - Cat Lover

• #2368 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Ryan Goldstone
    Ryan Goldstone
    Participant
    0 pts

Hey Cam,

The layout looks great so far, congrats on setting this all up!

One thing I’d recommend would be the upvote/downvote feature and where it’s located.  On other forum I post on, it’s usually to the left of the post but under the username area.  Right now at the top of the post is a little awkward, and might not get the desired result or much use.

I think right now, it shows up as the post was reported if I upvote as well, which seems a bit odd.  I upvoted a post Bill made, and then it said it was being reported… Obviously Bill isn’t going to break the rules set forth in his own forum!

I’d be more than happy to volunteer to help out as a mod if you’d like.  Not sure what the qualifications are, but would be happy to discuss those with you if you want some help.  I’ve been doing forums since 2003 (maybe a little earlier for smaller forums actually) so I’d be more than happy to help.

• #2369 Score: 0
    Profile photo of Ryan Goldstone
    Ryan Goldstone
    Participant
    0 pts

A few more things:

1. When I tried editing my post, it brought me to another page where I didn’t see an option to edit.  What I’ve seen as commonplace for other forums is that you typically have a time window to edit a post but it just pulls up the text in a word box similar to one when you’re doing the original post.  I would have added this text to my previous post had I seen that option.
    2. Would it be worth having a gear discussion section?  Not sure if that would go in the General Discussion area, or would be worth another section of its own.  I know personally I love talking about and hearing about gear almost as much as I enjoy playing it.  (Might be a stretch, but I’m a gear head for sure.)  With NAMM this weekend, this would be a great way for those to talk about what they saw, new stuff someone learned about from Modern Drummer/DRUM!/etc.

Just some thoughts, but I think would be helpful.  I’m sure I’ll have more thoughts/questions as time goes on.

• #2400 Score: 0
      Campbell Phillips
      Keymaster
      2 pts

Hey Ryan,

Looks like I have finally managed to get the editing problem sorted.

Also, I have created a Gear Talk section as suggested – nice one! 🙂

Cam

Campbell Phillips

• #2371 Score: 0
    Campbell Phillips
    Keymaster
    2 pts

Hey Ryan,

Cheers for the detailed feedback mate. I’ll have a look in to those issues you pointed out… Thanks for picking them up! One quick question – did you see these issues on mobile, tablet, or desktop computer?

Totally down for the idea of a gear forum. I’ll set one off, so feel free to get it started. I must say… I’m a bit of a gear head myself!

Also, can you please shoot me a message RE becoming a forum admin? Sounds like you’d be a good candidate so would like to chat a little more about it.

Cheers,

Cam

Campbell Phillips

• #2520 Score: 0
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous
    0 pts

Hi Cam,

This doesn’t apply specifically to the forums, but I noticed the link to Skype lessons towards the bottom of the page on the right gets a 404 error when clicked.

I really like the addition of the forums, they are a great resource.

Jeff

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.